Virtual Cancer Support Community
Although thousands of individuals are reached at over 100 locations worldwide, there are many individuals who cannot be served by a local Community either because of proximity, program availability or time of day. As a result, the Cancer Support Community provides this Online Community to bring the experience of the local Wellness Community or Gilda's Club to you through the Internet.
The Virtual Cancer Support Community is designed to enhance access to our free cancer support services through the use of technology and to minimize common barriers to care. The Virtual Cancer Support Community's Online Support Groups are free, password-protected, groups led by trained professionals. As a member, you will receive and share ongoing support, feedback, and information with other people affected by cancer.
- Available for adults with cancer and caregivers.
- Meet weekly at a scheduled time for 90 minutes in real-time, password-protected chat discussion.
- Communicate in private, password protected, online discussion forums between group sessions.
- Each group has 8 to 10 participants.
- All groups are led by a licensed professional trained in The Cancer Support Community's model.
In addition to Online Support Groups, The Virtual Cancer Support Community offers many other services and educational resources including:
- Online relaxation and guided imagery exercises
- Resources and information on vitamins, foods and general nutrition
- Online resource library
Visit the Virtual Cancer Support Community HERE.